We Offer Free ERPs!
Emergency Ready Profiles help prepare your business for a disaster. Give us a call at 215.368.4110 so we can help!
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster, according to the latest research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind. And knowing you are "Ready for whatever happens" speaks trust to your clients and employees that in the event your business is affected by a disaster, they don’t necessarily have to be.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
- A no cost assessment of your facility. This means there is no need to allocate funds, giving you a great value at no cost.
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency. It will only take a little time to complete and will not take you away from current projects. But it will save a lot of time if ever needed.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster. This can help minimize the amount of time your business is inactive by having an immediate plan of action.
- Establishes your local SERVPRO Franchise Professional as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider. You have a provider that is recognized as an industry leader and close by.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin. This saves time so we can begin the work of mitigating the damage which can save you time and money.
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information. Having a quick reference of what to do, how to do it and who to call provides solutions in advance of an emergency so that during the emergency you are "Ready for whatever happens."
This Is A FREE Service To Your Company!
Fire Pit Tips
If you have a fire issue, commercial or residential call us at 215.368.4110. Faster to any size disaster.
Home Fire Pit Tips
Fall is coming and for many families its a tradition to enjoy the nights outside around a homemade fire pit! Many of us are looking forward to spending time gathering around them to enjoy time with family and friends. Before you start dreaming of moonlit nights and toasted marshmallows, take a moment to check out some of these tips from Allstate to remember.
Backyard Fire Pit Safety Tips:
- Whether you prefer a built-in or portable fire pit, choose one that is not too large for the area. The pit should be a minimum of 10 feet away from any structures or combustible materials as well as away from trees, fences, sheds, power lines, and telephone wires, 25 feet away from apartment or multi residence buildings.
- Make sure that the seating area is large enough and properly placed for comfort and ventilation.
- Check wind direction before lighting a fire.
- Don’t use flammable fluids (gasoline, lighter fluid, etc.) to light or relight fires.
- To start the fire, use a lighter to ignite crumpled pieces of paper covered with small sticks. Then, add larger sticks and a log or two to keep it burning.
- Burn only dry material. Damp material will create excess smoke.
- Use a commercial fire pit screen on top to help prevent large amber from leaving the controlled area.
- Don’t wear flammable clothing (like nylon) or any loose-fitting clothing.
- Never leave the fire unattended, and keep pets and children far away from the fire as they will be attracted to it.
- Keep a fire extinguisher, garden hose, or bucket of water nearby.
- As the fire dies down, use a shovel and spread out the ashes to allow them to cool down. Then slowly pour water over those ashes and watch them closely to be sure that no burning embers remain or reignite. Put the cooled ashes in a specially designated ash storage metal can.
Fire Emergency Plans and Why We Need One
Home Fire and Safety Plan
We are all busy with kids, school, work, after school activities, but we all need to take some time out of our busy schedule, and make a family fire plan. I know as a parent it's hard to juggle family life, but safety for my family is always on my mind. Here is what you can do.
- Make a map of your home, and make a fire exit plan. Post you fire plan in the kitchen area a daily reminder.
- Teach safety techniques like step by step how to instructions to stay low to the ground, and cover your face with your shirt or a pillow case to protect from the smoke
- Conduct drills like listening for the smoke detector, and practicing the fire exit plan for evacuation.
- Talk about fire safety with your children. Play games to teach them stop drop and roll, and to be ready for if a fire if it happened in your home.
If a fire happens in your home, SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown can help you fix your home. We are here for you and your home 24/7.
What Can Cause Water Damage in Your Home?
Water Damage can happen all over your home, and even underneath it.
One of the most common causes of water damage is a leaky basement. To make repairs, you have to find the leak. We can help address this problem
Another cause of water damage is a leaky plumbing system. Unless the system is plagued by multiple leaks, you can do the repair yourself. Depending on the extensiveness of the damage, you can either patch up the leaky pipe or change one or several damaged pipes if the problem is internal. SERVPRO can always help you with water damage repair that is out of your hands.
Fixing the Plant Root System
Did you know that plant and shrub overgrowth could cause water damage to the home too? When the root system of the plant and shrub is too close to a structure, water could penetrate its foundation. You can resolve minor water damage caused by plant overgrowth by trimming the shrubs and removing water that pools near the foundation of your home.
For ceilings, the usual culprit is a leaky roof or a leaky toilet. For leaky toilets, we highly recommend getting a Plumber to stop the leak. Then let the Professionals at SERVPRO repair any damages that may have occurred. We can repair drywall, dry any moisture and help protect against mold.
Call SERVPRO today if your home or business is experiencing Water Damage our number is 215.368.4110.
We Can Clean Your Home or Business
SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown are trained professionals for cleaning for the Coronavirus
The COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic has reminded all of us how important it is to properly clean the surfaces and objects we handle.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cleaning and disinfecting are separate processes. Cleaning removes dirt, oils and most surface germs. Disinfection kills (or deactivates) remaining germs.
SERVPRO® of Benton County and Linn County is qualified to clean and properly apply disinfectants according to the CDC’s protocols.
We have numerous years of experience in cleaning and disinfecting contaminants, including infectious bio hazards. We have specific training and the appropriate equipment to go beyond standard cleaning services. More recently, our professionals received additional training certifications regarding COVID-19 decontamination.
Many SERVPRO cleaning products include products the CDC recommends for other coronaviruses (such as SARS). The EPA has just added three more of our branded disinfectants to their approved product list! Although there has not yet been product testing against COVID-19, we can assure our community in and around Boulder that we follow all of the CDC-recommended guidelines.
We clean and disinfect high-touch surfaces such as:
- Counters and tabletops
- Light switches
- Toilets & other bathroom fixtures (faucets, handrails, tubs & showers)
- Tablets, keyboards & other office (home or business) equipment
We also clean soft surfaces such as:
- Carpets & rugs
- Upholstered furniture
- Exercise mats
The CDC recommends cleaning and disinfecting the following areas:
- Kitchen & dining areas
- Schools, classrooms, conference rooms
- Retail spaces, including
- Sales counters
- Racks, shelves
- Hand-rails & elevator cars
- Flooring, regardless of material
- Water fountains
- Carpets, rugs
- Fitness equipment
- Playground equipment
Call SERVPRO for a Proactive Cleaning Today!
We care and are Ready To Respond! SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown 215.368.4110
6 Steps to Your Water Damage
Your problem our solution. Call SERVPRO, faster to any size disaster!
When your property incurs water damage, acting quickly is important
When you discover water damage, you can count on SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown's, six-step restoration process to truly restore your property to its pre-damage condition.
6 Steps to Water Damage Restoration
- Initial Emergency Contact
- You can call us 24 hours a day to begin the water restoration process because taking immediate action is crucial after water damage occurs. When you call us, we will ask you questions to get an overview of the damage and to help us determine what resources to dispatch to you.
- Inspection and Damage Assessment
- When we arrive on the scene in response to water damage, we will do a detailed property inspection to assess the scope of the damage and to develop a thorough plan of action. We will identify the water source, the category of water, and check for safety concerns.
- Moisture Extraction
- The water extraction process will remove the majority of moisture via our extraction and pump units. We will start this process as quickly as possible to lessen the likelihood of more damage occurring and to reduce drying time. We can also help you move out of your belongings in the event that they might be damaged as well.
- Dehumidifying and Drying
- After the excess water has been removed, we can begin fully drying all porous materials that have absorbed water. Our industrial-grade equipment moves air quickly and helps moisture to evaporate as fast as possible, which will dry out floors, walls, and carpets as well as discourage mold growth.
- Cleaning and Repair
- After sustaining water damage, impacted surfaces will typically require professional cleaning. In addition to structural cleaning, we will clean your belongings that are able to be restored. We will also do odor removal to prevent the musty odor that water-damaged objects often develop.
- The final step is ensuring that your property is restored to its pre-water condition. This will involve things like drywall and flooring repairs or even reconstruction. By working with us, you are working with a company that can handle all elements of the restoration, including the difficult reconstruction parts that truly restores things back to their pre-damaged state. We also handle restoration and construction.
Are you ready for a flood?
Trust SERVPRO to help in any storm situation!
Are You Ready for a Flood?
Hurricane season is in full force right now. This season we have already had two hurricanes hit our coastline at the same time. Texas and Louisiana both were ravaged head-on but both these storms continued into the states bringing a lot of rain. Many times when moments like this occur, our cities and towns are able to handle the onslaught of rain due to the fact it may not be typical to get so much in such a little time. Being only at the beginning of the hurricane season, we thought it is important to make sure to share some flood preparedness tips with you. Below are some tips which were provided by FEMA (Federal Emergency Management Agency) to help you prepare your home or business for a flood.
Before the Flood:
- Have a qualified professional elevate the furnace, water heater, and electric panel, as they are susceptible to flooding.
- Install "check valves" in sewer traps to prevent floodwater from backing up into the drains of your home or business.
- Seal walls in basements with waterproofing compounds to help avoid seepage.
During the Flood:
- Turn off all utilities at the main switches or valves if instructed to do so.
- Disconnect electrical appliances.
- Do not touch electrical equipment if you are wet or standing in water.
- Do not walk through moving water. Even six inches or moving water can make you fall.
After the Flood:
- Listen for news reports to learn if the community's water supply is safe to drink.
- Avoid floodwaters. Water may be contaminated by oil, gasoline, or raw sewage. Water may also be electrically charged.
- Stay out of any building if it is surrounded by floodwaters.
- Return home only when authorities indicate it is safe.
As always, our team at SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown is part of the larger, national brand of SERVPRO Industries. Know that you can trust us to put your home or business back together, “Like it never even happened.”
What is in your water?
Call SERVPRO of Lansdale at 215.368.4110!
Did you know that the water either coming into your home or from your home due to busted pipes or leaks has what we call a “category”? When it comes to handling mitigation in your home it is better to allow the professionals at SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown to deal with the emergency because you have to treat the water correctly to be safe. You never know what is either in your water or what the water has passed through to create contamination.
The information below explains the main types of water damage and could help you identify the problem quickly if it ever happens to you.
Category One: Clear Water
This water is the cleanest, most non-toxic form of water damage. It is potable water, perhaps directly from the tap. It is unlikely to cause you any harm, even if you are exposed for some time. Nevertheless, even clean flooding can lead to electrical and structural faults, so it is safer for you to call in the experts for repairs. Clean water comes from things like a broken water supply line, tub or sinks overflow with no contaminants, appliance malfunctions involving water-supply lines to name a few. However, once clean water leaves the exit point, it might not remain clean after contacting other surfaces or materials. Although it is considered the "safest" of the categories, it can degrade to category 2 or 3 if left untreated.
Category Two: Gray Water
Gray water damage is a little bit more serious and requires a speedier removal process. This is because it may contain potentially unsafe levels of chemicals, microorganisms, or dirt. Examples of Cat 2 water include, but are not limited to: overflow from dishwashers or washing machines; overflows from toilet bowls with urine; seepage due to hydrostatic pressure and broken aquariums.
If left untreated, it can quickly degrade into category 3.
Category Three: Black Water
Cat 3 water is grossly contaminated and can contain pathogenic, toxigenic or other harmful agents. Cat 3 water can include, but are not limited to: sewage; toilet backflows from beyond the trap; flooding from seawater, rivers or streams, ground surface water, or other contaminated water entering the indoor environment.
The team at SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell, and Abington Jenkintown is skilled in the safe handling of the different categories through training and protective clothing to eliminate the risk of sickness.
On Call 24/7 to Help You!
We are faster to any size disaster! Call us today at 215-368.4110!
If you follow us on social media, you may notice that we always make it known that we are available to help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. How is this possible?
Here at SERVPRO® of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown, we know that disasters rarely give notice that they’re about to happen. If you and your family have been gone on vacation and you return to a swimming pool instead of a home, we are there for you. Or say someone drives into the side of your house and you need a board up until repairs can be made...we’ve got your back. Even as a small, family owned business, we arrive faster to any size disaster and will coordinate with you and your insurance to meet your needs.
We are always available to take your call because we like to make it “Like it never even happened,” so that you can focus on what really matters.
Call us anytime, 24/7. We are here to help
Hoarding Clean Up and Restoration
We are experienced in dealing with hoard clean ups. You can trust us to help! Call us today at 215.368.4110!
Individuals with hoarding disorder have received more awareness through shows like Hoarders and public access to videos on YouTube that give a glimpse into their lives. According to the American Psychiatric Association, people with hoarding disorder excessively save things that others would view as trash or worthless. They struggle with getting rid of possessions which allows for clutter to develop, disrupting their ability to use their home or work space. Hoarding disorder can cause problems in other important areas of functioning such as personal relationships and work.
Because of the special circumstances involved in hoard cleanup, it is essential for us to maintain the well-being of our clients and of our technicians onsite. Communication is key in this process with the homeowner, insurance and all involved parties to ensure that cleanup is performed correctly, safely and with high regard and respect for the owner’s belongings.
If you or someone you know are seeking help with hoarding cleanup and restoration, give SERVPRO® of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell, and Abington Jenkintown a call.
For more information about hoarding disorder see the American Psychiatric Association website.