Water Damage Prevention
Rain, rain, go away. We all know the months are coming when we will start to think of these words to that childhood song. Rain is necessary to nourish flowers and trees, and that’s great! But sometimes all that water can cause damage to your home or business.
Is your business or home ready? Let’s talk about ways to prepare.
Take a look at rain gutters. Clogged gutters will cause rainwater to back up, damaging your roof and walls.
Do a roof inspection. Are any shingles loose or damaged? Replace any that could be an issue to protect attic or workspace from water damage.
Check interior walls and ceilings for signs of water damage; this could be an indication of roof leaks.
Trim any trees and bushes next to your Belle Meade business. Be sure to cut back branches that could become waterlogged and break off, damaging property.
Ensure that all doors and windows are secure, and that weatherstripping is in good condition.
Look for water collecting around the foundation of your home or business, and take steps to redirect it, if needed, to avoid water damage.
If your home or business is located near flooding areas, stockpiling sandbags to protect your property and parking areas would be a good idea.
Make sure the city drains near your home or business are clear of debris and earth. Preparedness in the event of any kind of extreme weather is always a good idea, to protect your business and property from loss and damage. Taking the time to assess your situation and thinking ahead about what may come is a good way to keep your investment secure.
Call our team at SERVPRO of Lansdale, 215-368-4110 anytime, whether you need assistance with water damage, fire damage or mold prevention.
courtesy of LinkedIn
Faster to your Lansdale Water Damage Event
This flooded basement was caused by a frozen pipe that burst.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Lansdale provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Lansdale arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 215-368-4110
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Lansdale
SERVPRO of Lansdale specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property