Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Just some of our amazing team!
SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, Blue Bell and Abington Jenkintown professionals undergo extensive training and certification to ensure the team exceeds the industry standards. Whether it’s a small leak or a major disaster, our team is ready to handle the issue. The SERVPRO team genuinely cares about each and every customer and work to get them to preloss conditions in most cases. Every member is proud and passionate about the work they do for every customer.
SERVPRO has a 24-Hour Emergency Service that provides help for those who need it.
SERVPRO provides detailed estimates that clearly list all services to be performed which helps to eliminate unforeseen surprises. Once the estimates have been approved, trained professionals will arrive in fully stocked vehicles to not only mitigate the problem but also to protect the structure and contents.
S – Service that exceeds the competition
E- Excellent communication throughout the process
R- Restoring property back into its pre loss state.
V- Vow our pledge to meet customers’ needs
P- Professionalism displayed with all team members.
R-Respected and Recognized as the industries leader
O- Outstanding Customer Service
We are Cleaning Experts
Call today for your precautionary or confirmed case cleaning at 215-368-4110!
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call us at 215.368.4110, we are happy to help!
When looking at companies who can provide you with water mitigation, mold remediation and fire restoration services you might ask yourself, why SERVPRO?
Let me tell you somethings about SERVPRO:
1. SERVPRO has been around since 1967 when Ted and Doris Isaacson founded the company which started as a painting business. Today, more than 1,700 SERVPRO franchises exist nationwide. Therefore, SERVPRO has proved to be an outstanding company. SERVPRO is actually one of the top 10 franchises today.
2. Our SERVPRO started over 25 years ago. Our owner started a SERVPRO franchise, with no other employees, one vehicle and just a couple pieces of equipment. Since then, we now operate with about 20 employees, multiple types of vehicles, a wide range of equipment for all types of work in our field. We have been successful, which has allowed us to grow.
3. All of our technicians are trained and specialists in the work that they do.
4. We work with your insurance company to make sure you are covered for the work that we complete. If your insurance company does not cover a service we recommend, we will let you know the price before the work is done.
5. We work quickly to ensure that your home is back to normal ASAP.
6. We appreciate your feedback! We would like to know if your happy with our services. We also are interested in knowing if your unhappy with our services. We want to make it right, and fix anything that may have gone wrong.
How to Handle Mold in Your Carpet
How to Handle Mold in your Carpet
When the weather is humid, keeping your carpet dry and free from mold can be a challenge. Dampness, together with dust and dirt, are tracked in by day-to-day foot traffic, and that creates conditions deep in your carpet that are perfect for the establishment of a mold colony.
Here are some tips to help you handle mold in your carpet:
- Sweep the affected area with a broom to loosen the mold growth.
- Vacuum the area to remove as much mold as possible, and empty the vacuum bag into the garbage immediately.
- Using a mixture of dishwashing soap and water, scrub the affected area with the solution.
- Let it dry in the sun if you are able to bring your carpeting out of doors, as this is one of the best ways to disinfect material. If you cannot take it outside, pat it dry using dry towels or rags.
Here is another method that can cleanse your carpet of mold:
- Scrub the affected areas with a rag soaked in dishwashing detergent and water, or do a base clean with a steam cleaner.
- Using household bleach with a gallon of water, soak the mold patch for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Using a steam cleaner, suck up the liquid, and then pat the carpet dry or remove outside into the sunshine.
If the mold growth is too much for you to handle on your own, or you would like the assistance of professionals, SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell has all the equipment and experience needed to help with any of your mold remediation needs. Our team is experienced and equipped to help with mold remediation, as well as both water damage and fire damage clean up projects of all sizes.
SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We will work hard to restore your residential or commercial property and its contents to preloss condition helping you become a hero in a disaster situation.
SERVPRO has a great network of franchises that can be called on in big weather events and we are proud to be a part of that.
Being available whenever you need us means...
- A quick response may help avoid revenue loss for property owners and minimize inconvenience to tenants.
- Restoration services can help you resume normal business functions quickly while avoiding costly construction downtime and lost revenue.
- Professional equipment and industry-approved techniques can save you time and money.
Let SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster and Blue Bell help your business get back on its feet quickly!
Ice Dam and Snow Removal Services
Ice Dam Removal
What is an ice dam?
An ice dam is the ridge of ice that forms at the edge of a roof which prevents melting snow from draining as it should. The water that backs up behind the ice dam can leak into the home and cause damage to walls, floors, ceilings, insulation, and other areas. Most ice dams occur on the lowest edge of your roof.
There are 6 warning signs for ice dams:
1. Your home has had ice dams in the past.
2. You see roof ice– icicles forming on the edge of the roof, or off the front edge of the gutter.
3. Ice is coming through the soffit.
4. Ice is forming behind the gutters (if gutters are present).
5. You see ice or water on the exterior wall.
6. You see water coming through the frame of a door or window.
Professional Ice Dam Removal
SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell offers safe, professional snow and ice dam removal services for your home or business. Our experienced team will be onsite within a matter of hours, saving you time, effort and costly repairs later. Don't wait until it's too late. Call us today and have the job done safely and done right. 215-368-4110.
Why SERVPRO? Because We Care!
SERVPRO, because we care!
At SERVPRO, our number one priority is to make our customers happy. It may sound like the impossible task; after all, we are arriving on the scene when circumstances for our customers are devastating. A fire in their home, a busted pipe which has caused water damage in their kitchen, mold in their office building. These are difficult situations emotionally which is all the more reason for our employees to be sensitive to what our customers are dealing with. Many times, depending upon the damage we are mitigating, we could spend days, weeks, or even months in customer’s home or office. We get to know our clients one on one. We get to meet their children. We get to hear about their families. We know their pets’ names. We know where they leave the key in case they are not there. We get to know them by carefully handling all of their cherished possessions, sometimes cleaning them and packing them away until their homes are restored. At the end of the day, we are just people helping people. That’s what it’s all about.
Why SERVPRO?? Because we care about our customers...And they know it! Let us be the one you call when your life gets flipped upside down.
How SERVPRO can partner with your Business
Owning a business in the hospitality industry involves a unique set of challenges. Especially if your business is successful! You will enjoy lots of customers as a successful business owner, and that’s great! With lots of traffic, your business will experience wear and tear above and beyond the norm, however, so you need to be prepared for these types of events and take a proactive viewpoint to stay ahead of the game.
Having a company such as SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell on your team will be a great benefit to you here. SERVPRO professionals are experienced in cleanups after fire damage or water damages, whether large or small, as well as being experts in the area of mold remediation. As a national franchise, we enjoy great business relationships with insurance professionals, so anything that will involve claims will be a breeze when you work with us.
Does your business involve food preparation? Heavy duty cleaning projects for industrial kitchens are all part of a day’s work for the team at SERVPRO. Going over your kitchen areas thoroughly to get hard to reach places sparkling clean will be something you can enlist us to complete. Stripping all tips of floors and deep cleaning, sanitizing, and restoring them is also something that we here at SERVPRO excel in.
Perhaps your business is as a hotelier. Floors are a concern here, too, but from a different perspective. You will want all your spaces to look as though no one has even been there! Fresh and pristine hallways and lobby areas are great first impressions for your patrons, and a company like SERVPRO that has years of experience in cleanups of all kinds will be the perfect answer to this type of challenge.
In the event that your hospitality-based business suffers damage from storms, accidents, or machinery malfunctions, or any other unforeseen issues that can come out of nowhere, enlist the help of SERVPRO to get things back to normal as soon as possible.
The team at SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell is proud to serve our clients. Call us today for help with all your clean up projects! 215.368.4110
Services You Might Not Know We Offer
In addition to clean up after fire damages or water damages, the SERVPRO team is also experienced in mold remediation and removal, but you probably already know that. We are well-known for our expertise in these areas and are proud of our service levels to our clientele. It’s an honor to serve you! Today we would like to share a few of the other commercial services we offer that you might not know about so that you can always keep SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell in mind when the need arises:
BIOHAZARDS. Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences. Failure to properly remove such substances can contribute to unhealthy and dangerous environments. Our team is trained to safely remove biohazards and dispose of them properly in accordance with all health regulations. We are equipped with the necessary safety apparatus and cleaning products, and so can help transform these unhealthy environments back into clean, safe homes and offices.
TRAUMA AND CRIME SCENE. After the police have finished processing a crime or accident scene, the cleaning and restoration process can begin. Oftentimes, these events can be traumatic, and dealing with the cleanup can be difficult. Many times, crime and accident scenes have blood and other contaminants that pose a serious health risk. SERVPRO will respond immediately with the specialized training, protective equipment, and experience necessary to safely clean trauma and crime scenes. Our technicians follow OSHA and EPA protocols to help transform an unsafe environment back into a clean, safe home or business. Our first focus is always safety, since crime or accident scenes may involve bloodborne pathogens, harmful chemicals, and other dangers. We will always treat your property and the people involved with the greatest empathy and respect in the face of trying circumstances.
Crime Scene Residues
• From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, we can clean and restore your property after a crime scene investigation.
• We remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Our trained Professionals clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
These are just a few of the additional services you might not know about that SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell offers. Please call us at 215.368.4110 to schedule an inspection.
Partnering With SERVPRO
Claims Service May Speed Up Settlements
An insurance agent or adjuster will need to access claim information to process and settle a claim. Necessary documentation ranges from an individual estimate and report of damage to data on similar claims and job costs. Learn more about three ways in which an electronic claims service may speed up an insurance claim settlement.
1. View Estimates As Soon As Possible
After SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell responds to a call with an on-site inspection and provides a verbal briefing, damage mitigation and restoration professionals will calculate an estimate. A one-stop shop such as SERVPRO can account for the costs of the complete job. Companies that only provide mitigation or restoration services will issue separate estimates, which may slow down claim settlement. SERVPRO will upload a comprehensive estimate to an internal system, and the documentation will be made available to insurance representatives on the Claims Information Center.
2. Access Claim Information and Updates at Any Time
Once an individual estimate is posted on an electronic claims service, insurance agents and adjusters can gain access to this information at any time. The availability of documentation necessary to process an insurance claim may reduce delays due to communication. Insurers can keep track of updates through the same service.
3. Search Comparison Data
An electronic claims service can also function as a research resource. Collected data about types of claims, causes of loss, job file costs and information enables an insurer to compare the performance of a franchise to other locations across the region or nationwide to make sure an estimate is reasonable.
An electronic claims service can help an insurance agent and adjuster process and settle insurance claims for damage at your property. Insurance companies and clients work with SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell, a company that maintains this type of service, to ensure that insurance representatives always have access to important information.
The SERVPRO Team
An insurance adjuster may be the loneliest and most important person in the property insurance industry. Responsibilities include:
• Guaranteeing company profitability by keeping costs low and minimizing waste
• Creating customer satisfaction with fast response and quality restoration
• Providing vendors with restoration specifications and answers to questions
• Facilitating the entire process with open communications and status updates
When disaster strikes, an insurance adjuster can expect an assignment to a team. The difference is that the numbers are bigger on a team. There are more customers, claims and vendors. Managing many claims on a team can quickly become an overwhelming task.
Insurance Adjusters Prefer Self-Reliant Vendors
It’s easy to imagine that insurance adjusters prefer some vendors over others. However, adjusters don’t choose. The customers do. There are several categories of vendors.
1. Vendors not on the preferred vendor list require the most attention. These vendors have never done work for the insurance company or haven’t done it very often. They may not understand the procedures and guidelines that they must follow. They need training and extra support.
2. Some vendors need more attention than others. The apparent need can happen in several ways. One is that even great vendors may need a bit of micromanaging. Another is that some vendors don’t understand how much self-reliance is acceptable.
3. Good vendors are invisible until they finish.They accept the information from the adjuster, ask questions up front and disappear. The next time the vendor communicates is when the job is complete.
4. The best vendors manage claims in-house.The SERVPRO team manages the insurance claim process using the Claims Information Center. It is the central warehouse for every bit of information that SERVPRO has on the claim. This information includes the original claim, estimates, photos and scanned paperwork. This information is available in print or by email.
The Team Is Ready To Help
The insurance adjuster expects you to select a vendor. When that time comes, know that the SERVPRO of Lansdale, Warminster, and Blue Bell remediation team is always ready to help. Please call us at 215.368.4110.